Rapido Trains #031551 - Alco RS-11
Lehigh Valley #7640
Painted in the Cornell Red scheme and
Incorporates the prototypical variations
This Alco RS-11 locomotive has DCC and ESU Lok-Sound.
Reserve now to ensure delivery.
Because importers now make very few models for inventory, most Rapido products are already sold out or are in short supply by the time they are released.
Upon receipt of your order, we will send a formal Reservation Confirmation.
Rapido Trains Inc. has partnered with the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society, Inc. to produce two further paint scheme variations on the Lehigh Valley RS-11 (ARS-20 using LV nomenclature). The original HO scale Alco roadswitcher announcement resulted in many requests for the colorful Cornell Red that was applied to a pair of these units, Nos. 7640 and 7643, in the first half of 1973.
However, while both locomotives received broadly the same paint scheme using the “new” 1970s Cornell Red, the position of almost every element changed in some way! To name just two, the large billboard “LEHIGH VALLEY” on the sides moved, as did the classic black LV diamond on the ends and the white hazard striping.
Models 7640 and 7643 will faithfully recreate the authentic 1973-6 appearance of both locomotives with all paint scheme differences and will also provide perfect options for early Conrail fans and their “CR” patchouts.
The Lehigh Valley units are accurately based on Rapido's Pennsylvannia Railroad RS-11 tooling with other road specific details. See our full list of features below.
These HO models feature:
- Correct hood and roof profiles 3D scanned from the prototype
- Operating number boards, headlights and green and white class lights and cab control stand lighting
- Rapido’s innovative dead straight metal side handrails with plastic stanchions
- Roadname-specific details including steps, lights, equipment boxes, handrails, fuel tanks, air intake louvers and more!
- Full underbody piping, conduits and steam lines, where appropriate
- Correct roadname-specific corner steps
- Separate grab irons and wire handrails installed at the factory
- Heavy, die-cast chassis and full, multi-colour/color interior
- Rapido’s proven 5-pole skew-wound motor with dual flywheels and silky-smooth drive
- DC/Silent (21-pin DCC Ready) or DC/DCC/Sound (ESU LokSound)
- Accurate sounds recorded from a real Alco 251B prime mover
- Factory-installed Macdonald-Cartier couplers mounted at the correct height